Yes, I am back. Oh, Sharie was able to come at the iBlog4 summit with her classmates and the first thing she said this morning was, "Ang saya!" Inggit tuloy ako.
I have been researching about search engine marketing for the past weeks. Marami na rin akong natutunan kahit na medyo magulo pa ang aking research compilation. I'm sorry, Miss Aileen. :( Anyway, I have learned that search engine marketing has three major categories: search engine optimization, pay per click advertising and paid inclusion.
Hmmm. Search engine optimization? What is this all about? According to an article by Roy Sencio, "search engine optimization or SEO aims to achieve the goal of getting more visitors to a website by helping it get higher rankings in the search engines. This simply means that search engine optimization’s goal is to make a website appear on the first pages, if not the first page of a search done through the search engine."
Here are just some tips I have learned through research:
1. Identify which keyword phrases your site should target.
2. Know all the website elements and factors that affect your search engine rankings and learn how to optimize them all.
3. Learn how to write user-friendly, search engine optimized copy that would achieve top rankings and maximize conversion rates.
4. Check backlinks. Backlinks are all the links pointing at a particular web page. These are also called inbound links.
5. Provide relevant, creative, unique and regularly update content on your website.
Oh, these tips are from different sources: Webcredible, Jonathan Casuncad of SEM Pros, SEO Philippines forum and Elymar Apao. :)